Group Operations & Maintenance Manager, Aviation
Potential to be based anywhere on Eastern Seaboard
- Are you a leader passionate about developing and empowering your teams?
- Do you have an owner's mindset - running your function's financial performance/P&L as if it were your own business?
- With a strong delivery focus, you'll confidently manage client expectations and identify business development opportunities
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. Reporting to the EGM Operations & Maintenance, we are seeking a leader to drive the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) function for our Aviation Business. In this key leadership role you will balance strategic, commercial and operational objectives, with a client focus underpinning your decision making. As a people leader you will empower your direct reports, encouraging them to make recommendations that will develop of our people's capability, support continuous improvement of service and business growth.
Your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Managing the Financial Performance and Profitability of our Aviation Business, reporting on Operational & Capital expenditure and how this impacts P&L.
- Developing and communicating a clear vision that engages and empowers your direct reports to champion training and development of their people to safely optimise performance
- Demonstrate a "client first" focus with tailored service offering based on clear understanding of needs
- Managing unionised workforces and participating in Enterprise Bargaining negotiations
As an Operations and Maintenance Manager, you'll have significant experience in Aviation and Airport operations, ensuring efficient performance of resources and critical assets. You will be recognised by your peers for your commercial acumen and ability to make well-reasoned financial decisions that provide mutual benefit to clients and Daifuku operations.
With a passion for communication you will work effectively to support the development of your people and take an active role with ER/IR negotiations. You will be equally at home working in collaboration with senior managers of partner organizations, demonstrating your conceptual reasoning skills and negotiating solutions that balance the needs of all stakeholders.
As a leader you will be passionate about sharing your technical knowledge with stakeholders and developing your team, knowing the importance of clear communication to gain stakeholder buy-in. As a result you will recognise the importance of frequent travel to sites.
With flexibility to be based at any capital city on the Eastern seaboard this is an exciting career opportunity with a global leader in automated material handling solutions.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks