Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Based at Tullamarine
- Hands on maintenance and fault finding role for an experienced Industrial Electrician
- Want to work close to home, with free parking?
- Join a crew and be part of supportive team
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. We have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced Industrial Electrician to join our team working on site with TNT at their Tullamarine Distribution Centre as a Freight Technician, Electrical. As part of a crew you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance on all freight handling equipment. Based on your experience you will also provide the client with operational improvement recommendations and ensuring the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control.
As part of a supportive team your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that materials handling system is operational and issues are rectified safely, quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of equipment in line with contractual obligations.
- Support and assist Technicians.
- Complete reporting and paperwork as required.
As an Industrial Electrician, you'll have gained experience in warehouse, aviation, production or related environment. You will have strong PLC and fault finding experience in addition to your unrestricted electrical license. You will enjoy working as part of supportive and dedicated crew, focused on getting the job done safely. You will be used to responding to faults and understand that at times their will be routine tasks to perform. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- A strong commitment to safety
- Hold a full, Unrestricted Electrical Registration qualified to replace electrical equipment and circuits with "like-for-like" and be able to understand electrical circuit drawings.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Materials (Freight) Handling Systems (MHS)(FHS)
- An understanding of PLC, ASI bus control system, VSD's.
- A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand mechanical assembly drawings.
- Experience in mechanical drives, including gearboxes, conveyor belting.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, and a basic understanding of networks and IP addressing.
- Able to work a shift roster.
- Hold a current and clear driver's license.
- Able to obtain ASIC
- A company uniform
- Currently hold a EWP & CPR , if not the company will assist in this.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities please forward your resume by COB 31 May.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks
Applications Close: 31 May 2019