Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovate solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have an opportunity in Albany, New Zealand. For more information please visit www.bcsgroup.biz
About the Role
Due to growth within our business we are seeking a Controls Engineer to join our established Automation team, which is based at Albany, New Zealand. This will be your opportunity to work on a large variety of local and international projects. You will get the chance to work closely with a diverse range of other discipline and project teams in our New Zealand and overseas offices. This role will be ideal for an individual who is looking to further both their knowledge and career along with contributing to the success of the business.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Developing and programming of PLC, Scada and HMI Software.
- Control system design for preparation of CAD drawings.
- Assist in the development of functional description specifications (FDS).
- Ensure that any factory acceptance testing or site testing is undertaken and aligns with the requirements to various projects.
- Current and proven experience as Controls Engineer within Automation Industry i.e. aviation, warehousing and logistics is highly desirable.
- Good skills in all facets of control system design.
- Knowledge of industry leading PLC, SCADA and HMI environments is fundamental
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, a team approach and customer focus
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering is essential
International travel will be required.
If you are seeking an opportunity to drive and deliver project outcomes within a creative business that encourages innovation and fresh ideas, please apply.