Senior Software Developer
- Work within a rapidly growing business using a range of industry leading software
- Opening for a technical expert in Java and Oracle to lead product development working alongside partners in Japan, New Zealand , Australia and Malaysia
- Travel to Japan to gain extensive knowledge of our specialized products, supporting their development
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. We are seeking an experienced Software Developer, expert in Java and Oracle, to lead and develop software products for the Daifuku group. This includes constructing quality applications using .NET programming components. You will be competent in using Microsoft's technology to design, develop and implement these applications. Using your programming skills, you will integrate applications with other technologies using Agile methodologies to deliver product solutions as requested by our projects team.
Based in our Auckland Head Office, in this newly created role your responsibilities will include:
- Provide key stakeholders with technical descriptions and interface, workload estimates, scheduling, progress and change requests, reporting any scope creep.
- Participate in the creation of FDS, organise and drive sprint planning, specify VMs requirements for testing.
- Develop and maintain consistent product architecture, proposing new features to align with user needs
- Collaborating with Daifuku Japan, engineers and developers to successfully deliver software product solutions
As an experienced Software Developer you will have a customer centric focus. You will be proficient in Agile SCRUM software development methodology, systems testing & analysis. You will be recognised by your peers for your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work alongside a diverse global team to achieve tailored outcomes for a range of stakeholders. Your understanding of the airport, logistics, manufacturing and warehousing industry will support your performance in this diverse role. Japanese language skills would be beneficial in optimizing opportunities with Daifuku Japan.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we would love to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks