Procurement Production Administrator
- Manage and maintain relationship with stakeholders and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Manage budget allocation and negotiate pricing, supplier cost and payment terms for 100s of items
- Technical background beneficial for QA, fabrication, production, and assembly of orders
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling and self service automation sector Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. Based at our Auckland Head Officer, we are seeking a Supply Specialist to join our Self Service Technology team to coordinate purchasing, procurement, production, and inwards/outwards shipping activities. You will play a key role, working with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Liaising with engineers ensuring correct equipment and materials are specified and procured by preparing and using procurement controlling strategies and documentation.
- Work with project managers, project directors, engineering and sales teams to ensure project spend budgets are tracked/maintained and that purchase requisitions meet project budgets.
- Provide regular summaries/updates of the status of orders versus project schedules to the project teams, including coordination of project production/delivery status meetings
- Actively reviewing and follow up on open/outstanding orders in the system with both project teams, the Warehouse Coordinator, and suppliers, on a regular basis.
- Monitoring suppliers to ensure best price and timely delivery of materials.
- Evaluate manufacturing capabilities of suppliers to ensure they can deliver to what is expected of the company.
- Oversee and manage in-house production/assembly deliverables to meet project requirements and deadlines, including shipping
- Ensure production safety, assembly processes, and QA are in place to meet project requirements and deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will worked as a supply and procurement specialist in warehousing, logistics or production sectors. You will be a safety champion and recognised by your peers for your attention to detail and ability to keep stakeholders on track. Ideally with a trade background you will have strong numerical skills and commercial acumen, which you use to manage budgets and negotiate supplier costs. In addition, you will have strong organisational skills, ensuring products are where they need to be and of the right standard. Given the global nature of the projects you'll work on, ability to speak Mandarin would be preferred.
You will have experience managing a small team of permanent and casuals staff, ensuring clear communication of requirements at tool box meetings, focusing on the importance of safety.
Based on your performance we can offer you the opportunity to work in a fast paced business experiencing growth, where you'll help support the delivery of key projects with our Self Service Technology team.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities please forward your resume by COB DATE.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks