- We provide solutions that keep the world moving
- Technical lead for the design and delivery of efficient mechanical engineering projects
- Work in a supportive team that encourages innovation and knowledge sharing
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience continued growth. Working in collaboration with our Sales, Procurement and Operations & Maintenance functions, the Mechanical Engineering Team designs and delivers an increasingly complex portfolio of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistic clients.
As a Project Engineer, based in our Hallam office, you will be the technical lead managing the design interpretation, review and estimation of material handling systems for projects undertaken by Daifuku BCS. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver projects according to system specifications, using a standard suite of products.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Ensure design changes and solutions are implemented and coordinated into the design documentation
- Create, assist, modify, revise and maintain engineering layouts
- Generate conveyor schedule, bill of material, sales layout, approval layout and installation drawings
- Design, draft and maintain components / products of material handling system
- Create and maintain interface drawings for project
- Drafting of installation and operation & maintenance manual
- Proofing drawings
- Maintenance of project or engineering folder
- Remote and face to face technical support for site installation and commissioning teams
As a Project Engineer you will have proven experience with the design and delivery of automated material handling solutions. You will be recognised for the accuracy of your work and innovative thinking to minimize design variation and efficiently deliver cost and time bound solutions.
You will have worked in Aviation, Logistics or related Industry Sector on material handling system design. Ideally this includes experience with Brownfield systems interfaces, where the importance of standardised design, is vital. With Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) you will be familiar with AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft suit of packages.
Based on your problem solving ability, critical reasoning, innovative thinking, relationship building and communication skills are seen as a trusted advisor by your stakeholders. You enjoy working in a supportive team, where knowledge sharing is encouraged.
To succeed in this role, you will be passionate about good project delivery discipline, have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth. If so we can offer you the chance to work on complex business critical projects.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities please forward your resume by Monday 25th February 2019.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks