Duty Manager - Melbourne Airport
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistics industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovating solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have an opportunity at Melbourne Airport.
About the Role
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a "Duty Manager". This is a key role as you will be responsible for managing all the operational and maintenance requirements of our Baggage Handling Systems and Passenger Boarding Bridges throughout Melbourne Airport. In this role you will have several diverse stakeholders that includes the public, airport management, operational personnel and ground handling staff. As such you will need highly developed verbal communiation skills and strong leadership in solving issues as the arise. As the Duty Manager, you will manage a diverse team of technicains who operated on a 24/7 roster. To be successful in this role you will need solid skills in automated systems and solutions, which preferably can be from aviation, but logistics and distribution centres will assist you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day to day maintenance operations.
- Attend the daily shift handover meeetings.
- Ensure that resources are available for all shifts.
- Ensure that all reporting is completed and is aligned with both Melbourne Airport and Daifuku BCS standards.
- Manage any incidents or crisis that might occur.
- Assist in the development and implementation of asset plans for the renewal and maintenance of the automated systems.
- < > that all documentation, data, records are kept, updated and maintained. < > and maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders.
- Any other duties as directed by your Manager.
- Current experience as a team leader in an automated systems and operational environment, preferably within aviation, logistics and freight forwarding.
- Demonstarted understanding of conveyor belt techonolgy is desireable.
- Skills in developing value added and cost saving options.
- Technical knowledge of Maximo, COGSS, Airflow and Scada is highly desirable.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Previous skills in managing and mentoring employees.
- Medical required and must be clear and fit to work.
- Able to work within a 24/7 shift environment.
- Clear driver's license and the ability to hold an Airside Drivers Authority.
- Can obtain an ASIC.
Interested applicants, please forward your resume by COB 19th October 2018. Please note that applications will be reviewed during this period and that the role is subject to be closed early.
At Daifuku BCS we have a diverse and multicultural group of employees and actively encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for not just this position, but any other positions we currently have open.