Mechanical Fitter - Maitnenance Technician
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovate solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have an opportunity in Botany, Sydney.
About the Role
We are seeking a Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Technician on a full-time basis for shift work, to join our small team, who are based at our client's premises, which is located in Botany. This team is responsible for undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance of the automated crossbelt sortation system, and to work in partnership with our client's operational team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all scheduled planned preventative maintenance (PPM) tasks are completed on time and in a professional manner.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are logged and reported in accordance with the appropriate reporting procedure, both internal and external.
- Support and assist client operational staff and fellow Maintenance Technicians as required.
- Follow all Daifuku and Client WHSE policies & procedures.
- Qualified Mechanical Trades person
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand mechanical assembly drawings.
- WHSE conscious and focussed.
- Experience in mechanical drives, including gearboxes, and high speed conveyors.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, and a basic understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- A knowledge and understanding of Materials Handling Systems (MHS).
- Experience in Pneumatics & Hydraulics, nice to have not essential.
- Full-time position
- 40 hours - over 5 days per week.
- Police and medical checks will be required.
- Applicants must have the right to work and reside in Australia.
- Full uniform will be provided.
- On-site training will be provided
Interested applicants please forward your resume by COB 19th October 2018. Please note that applications will be reviewed during the application period and may close early.
At Daifuku we have a diverse and multicultural group of employees and actively encourage Women and Indigenous people to apply for this position.