Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovate solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have an opportunity at our site in Albany Office, New Zealand.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an individual an experienced "Warehouse Assistant" to join our team. Reporting to the Production Manager Bag Drop, you will be responsible for a wide and varied range of tasks. These include maintain the database of information relating to incoming and outgoing stock and ensuring that stock is correctly assigned to the right project. You will also ensure that inventory is managed and recorded.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Load and unload stock or materials on a daily basis.
- Ensure that when goods are received that they match the purchase orders
- Pick and pack goods and products that are in line with Daifuku BCS standards/
- Maintain a clear and safe working environment at all times.
- Ensure all paperwork or records are updated, maintained and recorded on a daily basis.
- Operate forklift in a safe manner at all times.
- Assemble products or goods as required that are related to the baggage handling systems.
- Identify potential errors in assemble goods and recommend best course of action to rectify.
- Liaise and develop professional and strong relationships with Daifuku BCS diverse client base.
- Provide value added propositions and customer focused solutions, when required.
- Previous experience as a Warehouse Assistant in an operational environment
- Hands on experience stock management, delivery of products and stock taking.
- Understanding of supply chain and procurement methods
- Computer literate with various MS Software packages
- Experience in operating a "walkie stacker"
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Driver's License
- Forklift license (would be desirable)
- Monday to Friday
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external) above all else
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun