Project Manager - Melbourne Airport
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovate solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have several opportunities for experienced Project Managers in Melbourne, Australia.
About the Role
Due to a growth in a business, we are seeking experienced Project Managers to work closely with our client who is based at Melbourne Airport. Reporting directly to the Group Project Manager you will have total accountability for the management and successful delivery of several projects. To be successful in this role you will need solid skills in all facets of Project Management, that range for administration, scoping, costing and developing project plans to a successful outcome. Your background should include experience in either aviation, materials handling, logistics, freight forwarding or distribution as we have a diverse client group that covers Australasia.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of several projects on a day to day process
- Ensure all data, documentation and information associated with projects is recorded and filed.
- Develop project plans that encompass the client's needs with reference to the proposed automated system and that they are seeking to implement.
- Prepare various reports and documents for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Daifuku BCS at various meetings as required.
- Review changes requests to project on a regular basis and are documented.
- Provide value added propositions and customer focused solutions.
- Current experience as a Project Manager, preferably within an Automotive Industry i.e. aviation, materials handling, warehousing and logistics.
- Good and expertise with automated systems and solutions i.e. conveyor belt technology
- Demonstrated skills in developing competitive and diverse project management plans.
- Solid expertise in report writing skills, detailed analysis / proposals incorporating cost benefit
- Value added propositions
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and/ or Business Management is desirable.
- Certifications in Project Management methodology i.e. PMBOK and or PMP
Interested applicants please forward your resume by COB 10th August 2018
At Daifuku BCS we have a diverse and multicultural group of employees and actively encourage Women and NZ Indigenous people to apply for this position