About Daifuku BCS
Daifuku BCS is a dynamic, exciting and evolving, multi-dimensional global company.
With over 500 employees, we specialize in complex industrial automation and sortation systems within the aviation and logistics industries. We are a highly diverse enterprise, rich in culture and expertise with an international footprint spanning in excess of 22 countries across the world.
With the support of our key partner and parent, Daifuku Corporation, the world's largest and most innovative materials handling solutions provider, we are changing the way our client's think in the delivery and optimisation of industrial automation and sortation solutions. We value innovation, excellence and outstanding service delivery in all that we do. Our commitment to our vision helps us forge deep, strong and enduring relationships with all of our clients to ensure that together we reach our goals.
At Daifuku BCS, we consistently strive to look beyond the obvious and inspire an environment of creativity, innovation and continuous improvement. Daifuku BCS strongly values mutual respect and trust in each other and our teams - providing a culture that is underpinned with a commitment to having fun in all that we do!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available in our rapidly growing business for a Warehouse Assistant located in Albany, New Zealand.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Receive and distribute stock, and maintain database records of daily receipts and shipments for the Albany warehouse, in support of project timelines.
- Follow instructions from the Regional Supply Chain Manager and Procurement Team on the day to day running of the warehouse.
- Product Assembly
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Receiving, inspecting and storing incoming goods
- Loading and unloading of materials from delivery vehicles.
- Operating a forklift and other standard warehouse equipment.
- Ensure incoming goods are of accurate quantity and prescribed quality.
- Goods receipting and mass issuing of all products received/required into systems
- Labelling of all incoming and outgoing consignments.
- Product assembly as per the assembly instruction
- Inwards/Outwards goods QA inspection
- Picking and packing products for dispatch.
- Arrange shipments of materials to required locations, locally and internationally
- Communicate with stakeholders on status of orders and shipments.
- Ensure procurement team requirements are attended to as priority and status is communicated
- Conduct cycle counts of all stock in warehouse
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the company's stock holdings
- Stock control of warehouse consumables
- Management of stock and other warehouse items in appropriate locations
- Ensure all processes are completed on the same day of stock movement.
- Maintain and servicing warehouse tools and machinery.
- Maintain a clean and safe workhouse
- Delivering excellent customer service to clients who visit the warehouse
- Any other tasks required by wider team within Warehouse
- Assist with support the wider team on the day to day running of the warehouse.
- Assist with minimising stock loss.
- Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment including stock management, delivery of products, and stock taking.
- Ability to efficiently undertake administrative duties.
- High degree of general computer skills including various MS office packages including Word and Excel
- Understanding of local and international freight processes.
- Experience with an ERP package is highly regarded.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects.
- A comprehensive understanding of safety procedures.
- Experience with mechanical assembly
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately.
- Knowledge in Mechanical and Electrical parts would be an advantage.
- Full Driver's License.
- Forklift licence (preferable)
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Able to work with your supervisor to meet company goals.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Workplace health and safety conscious.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- The ability to work in a change oriented environment
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Highly motivated team member with a can do attitude
- Excellent hands on skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Why work at DaifukuBCS
This position offers the successful candidate a rewarding and exciting opportunity to make a real difference to our business and our clients. If you're up for the challenge APPLY NOW!
The next steps
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we want to hear from you.
Please submit your application by providing your resume, along with a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria and why you are suited for the role.
***Respectfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.